You might be wondering what this site is about and who this person is that is behind it. Well, this page is here to tell you just that.
- The main purpose of this site is to help bullying survivors deal with the lingering effects that can exist as a result of having been bullied, and to help you get back to the life you deserve to have.
- The Grass Gets Greener represents hope and optimism. Sometimes you may feel as if other people have a better life than you, that the grass is greener on their side of the fence, so to speak. Well, this site is here to provide you with inspiration and support to help you overcome the effects of being bullied that can make you feel that way. This site is here to show you how to not only get back to the person you used to be, but to help you become the person you are meant to be. To show you how the grass gets greener for you!
Sign up below to become part of a community of survivors…don’t worry, your information will be kept private
About Melissa Wilson:
So who am I and what makes me qualified to run this site?
Great question! Well, I’ll start by saying that I am a bullying survivor myself. Now, it’s still not easy for me to say that, but I have finally reached a point where I can. I know all too well what it is like to be where you are right now. I know what it’s like to feel all alone in what you’re going through. I know what it’s like to feel like you can’t trust anyone. I know how hard it is to move on. But, I have, and I know you can too!
- I was bullied for two years during middle school, and it left a permanent scar. It has taken me a long time to get to where I am today, but I couldn’t be more grateful. Traumatic experiences in life will shape us but they don’t have to break us. Now, don’t get me wrong, I felt pretty broken for a while and not quite sure how to fix that. I never reached out for help when it was happening because I felt like it would only make things worse for me. Actually, it took me about 5 years to tell someone what had happened. Then it took me a few more years to finally get the help I needed. Talking about it was probably the most helpful thing for my recovery.
- I also have a background is Psychology. While I was trying to deal with the effects of being bullied on my own, I realized that I didn’t have the tools I needed to be able to help myself. So I decided that when I went to college I would major in Psychology. I earned my Bachelor’s degree and it definitely helped me along the way. I learned a lot about how the mind works and ways in which I could deal with how I was feeling. Going to college was a real turning point for me.
- After college I worked for a little while in the Psychology field as a Research Assistant and then I decided to go back to school to get a Master’s degree in Psychology. That didn’t work out for me because I felt like I didn’t need Psychology anymore. It felt like a reminder of a past that I was trying to move on from. So I left the program but I was unsure of what I would do next. I went back to work and spent more time healing and figuring myself out. I had reached a pretty good place where I was starting to think about using my past experience to help others. That is when the idea for this site was born. I spent the year prior to launching this site learning as much as I could about how to create a resource on the web that can be the best that it can for you.
This site is for you. I want to be the resource that I needed when I was going through my tough times. I want to inspire you with stories of how I overcame my past to get to where I am today. I hope to make your journey of recovery a more bearable and shorter one than mine was. No one should have to suffer the effects of being bullied, but if it has happened to you and you are suffering, then know that you at least don’t have to do it alone. I am not a Psychologist so I cannot provide professional services, but I have the experience of being where you are and all the knowledge that I have acquired along the way. I’ll end this with one of my favorite quotes:
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~ Carl Bard
If any of this resonates with you then I would love to have you as part of the community