In this episode, I’m joined by author Randi Owens. Randi joins me to share her story of how she’s overcome a traumatic childhood by finding ways to take back control of her life and using her past experiences to help others.
Click the play button below to check it out!
Mentioned in the episode:
- What it was like for Randi to grow up in the foster care system after the death of her parents
- The abuse and the bullying Randi experienced while growing up
- How Randi attempted suicide twice and then decided that she wanted to live
- The impact that joining the Air Force had on Randi's life
- How Randi felt as though she had to be invisible growing up and the effect that had on her
- How studying psychology helped Randi to have a better understanding of others and life in general
- How Randi used her degrees to help others and how that helped her to heal as well
- How Randi had always liked to help others
- Randi's poetry books that she wrote about her life and the books she's working on next
What Randi does today: Randi is a poet and an author.
Given what you know now, if you could go back to when you were going through the tough times and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Randi's Answer: You're not alone; dry your eyes, be strong and hold true to yourself.
Randi on Social Media
Affiliate Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.
How You Can Help
Want to support this show? You're awesome! I would really appreciate it. There are three things you can do that won't take up much of your time but will go a long way.
- Leave a 5-star rating if you think this show deserves it
- Write an honest review for others to see why they should tune in
Please leave a comment and let me know if you have any stories or questions.
A note about comments:
Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated to ensure mutual respect. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.