This is a special episode of The Grass Gets Greener podcast. I'm joined by my husband, Chris Wilson, to discuss his perspective on having a spouse who is an abuse survivor and how someone can best support their significant other if they are a survivor.
Click the play button below to check it out!
Mentioned in the episode:
- My husband's previous experience (or lack thereof) with someone who had an abusive or traumatic childhood
- My husband's previous knowledge of depression and anxiety or other trauma-related issues such as triggers and PTSD
- How he could suspect something different about me when we started dating
- How he felt when I started telling him about my past and the things I still struggle with today
- How he has evolved as a supporter over the time we've been together
- Where we're at now when it comes to dealing with issues that are a result of my past
- My husband's best advice for other spouses or partners of abuse survivors
How You Can Help
Want to support this show? You're awesome! I would really appreciate it. There are three things you can do that won't take up much of your time but will go a long way.
- Leave a 5-star rating if you think this show deserves it
- Write an honest review for others to see why they should tune in
Please leave a comment and let me know if you have any stories or questions.
A note about comments:
Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated to ensure mutual respect. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.