In this episode, I’m joined by Lizbeth Meredith, author of Pieces of Me: Rescuing My Kidnapped Daughters. Lizbeth joins me to share her story of how she has navigated multiple traumas in her life, including the kidnapping of her daughters, to find a way to heal and help others who are struggling with their own trauma.
Click the play button below to check it out!
Mentioned in the episode:
- Lizbeth's experiences growing up in a chaotic home
- The abusive relationship Lizbeth was in as an adult
- Lizbeth's ordeal of her daughters being kidnapped
- How the kidnapping made Lizbeth look more closely at her own trauma growing up
- What life was like when Lizbeth came home with her daughters
- The importance of being trauma-informed when helping someone who is hurting
- The work Lizbeth has done in the trauma field
- The role that the support of others has played in Lizbeth's life
- The struggle that Lizbeth still has in being in a relationship
What Lizbeth does today: Lizbeth is an author and juvenile probation supervisor.
Given what you know now, if you could go back to when you were going through the tough times and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Lizbeth's Answer: We are not alone in our aloneness.
Pieces of Me: Rescuing My Kidnapped Daughters
Lizbeth on Social Media
Affiliate Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.
How You Can Help
Want to support this show? You're awesome! I would really appreciate it. There are three things you can do that won't take up much of your time but will go a long way.
- Leave a 5-star rating if you think this show deserves it
- Write an honest review for others to see why they should tune in
That's all! You can do each of these things here on iTunes or here on Stitcher.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you have any stories or questions.
A note about comments:
Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated to ensure mutual respect. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.
Suzanne Ludlum says
Kudos to LizBeth for talking about her journey and what it took for her to get her life back! We need more survivors and more voices to raise the level of awareness of trauma and how each one of us finds our healing through various avenues.