This is a special solo episode of The Grass Gets Greener podcast. In honor of the 100th episode of the show, I answer questions submitted by the listeners as well as give an update on what’s been going on for me over the past few weeks.
Click the play button below to check it out!
Questions answered in the episode:
- I would love to know about the most healing conversation or period of time in your life, as it pertains to your healing journey. Sharing from the heart can be scary and yet I know as you choose to open up– you give so many others the permission they may need to do the same.
- Hi Melissa, I’m submitting this question as a response to your open invitation to answer questions for your podcast, ‘The Grass Gets Greener’. Congrats on reaching 100 btw. I’m African. I moved to the US 10 years ago. I’m 23. Male. For over 13 years of my life now I’ve moved from one bully to the next. My family moved often. Everywhere I’ve moved people have found something to bully me about. I’ve developed serious trust issues. I’m very pessimistic. I have no friends. Never dated and my life feels like it’s on the precipice of complete destruction. How can I forgive people from my past to move on?
- Hi Melissa, I love your podcast! I’ve learned so much from you and your guests. I was on your website and noticed you offer coaching. I could really use your help one on one. May I ask what your coaching sessions and programs are like? And who are your coaching techniques for? How can I sign up?
- Melissa, thank you for all you do. My question is about what to do about my relationship with my father. He was horrible to me in my childhood yet I feel I must try and maintain a relationship with him. I still get scared when I see him on holidays… He is no longer abusive, thank goodness. What should I do or how can I handle it better in order to have an easier relationship with him?
- I want to launch my coaching career but find it hard to promote my coaching because I don’t feel good enough to help people even though I know I can. Memories of failure and criticism keep coming up and stop me from daring to do something outside my comfort zone. Is there something wrong with me? Why can’t I get past this?
- When I was a kid, I was always the one left out. They hated me. I hated myself for not being cool. I still hate myself and won’t go out and meet new people cuz they will just hurt me. But I want friends. I want a life. Being a hermit is safer but so dang cold, lonely. Have you experienced this too? How do you handle it?
My Journey to Getting off an Antidepressant After 15 Years – My solo episode where I talk about my decision to come off of my antidepressant
The Five Minute Journal – The journal I recommend and use each day
15 tips for finding forgiveness when there’s no forgetting – My blog post offering tips on finding forgiveness
My Coaching Services – Learn more about working together one on one
How You Can Help
Want to support this show? You’re awesome! I would really appreciate it. There are three things you can do that won’t take up much of your time but will go a long way.
- Leave a 5-star rating if you think this show deserves it
- Write an honest review for others to see why they should tune in